Many people meet with more than one therapist before finding the right match. Read below to learn how you can replace your current therapist with a new therapist from the thousands in the Path network who are accepting new patients and take your insurance.
Most Path patients can use the Path patient portal to replace their existing therapist without needing to contact Customer Support!
Important Note: Psychiatry patients can replace their provider before their first appointment. If you'd like to work with a different provider after your first visit, please contact support.
Replacing Your Therapist in the Path Patient Portal
Watch the following video for step-by-step instructions or read the how-to steps below.
If you are unable to access the Path patient portal after following the instructions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will be happy to assist you.
Once logged in, complete the below steps to replace your existing therapist with a new therapist.
- Go to the Care Team page, by selecting the Care Team tab on the lefthand side of the screen.
- Once on the Care Team page, find the therapist you would like to replace, and select the Replace button on the therapist’s information card.
- Select the purple Begin Replacement button on the page titled “Let’s replace your provider.”
- You will then be routed to a view in which you can search for a new therapist based on your preferences and availability.
- Once you find a therapist that meets your needs, click into that therapist’s profile and select an appointment date and time for your first visit.
- Once you have selected an appointment date and time, you'll then be prompted to confirm your appointment and replace your existing therapist. Select the purple Book and Replace button to confirm your selection.
- If your upcoming appointment is within 24 hours, you'll be prompted to confirm that you want to cancel/reschedule this appointment and must acknowledge you'll be charged a cancellation fee. This fee is $99 for therapy appointments and $150 for psychiatry appointments.
- Once you select Continue, the new appointment is booked, and the old appointment(s) with your previous therapist are canceled.
- Success! Your therapist has been replaced.
Have additional questions? Email email@example.com